So what do you do if you’re in Kaunas, Lithuania for a day or two? Among other things, you find a hotel; this was the first time we’ve just sort of never gotten around to making reservations before getting somewhere. It turns out there are available hotel rooms in Kaunas.
1) Walk around in the Old Town through the occasional rain and just see stuff.
2) Start to make plans for going to Belarus.
3) Go for a run. Or at least that’s what Mark did (sorry, no picture). I’m on for tomorrow morning.
4) Fantasize about Eurovela 6, the bike route from the Atlantic coast of France, along the Loire, Rhine, and Danube Rivers through Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Croatia, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania to the Black Sea (tentatively scheduled for Summer 2014).
5) Eat at a very cool restaurant that specializes in local foods in what is essentially a wine cellar, where you pick your wine from the selection and they add a $3.25 cork fee.
6) Enjoy the public art.
So far, so good!